      From: ANE-2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ANE-2@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      Jonathan Stökl
      Sent: Friday, January 21, 2011 6:43 AM
      To: ANE-2@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [ANE-2] Re: Bronze Age Baetyls

      I think we should also mention the rather important book on betyles at Mari
      (being on the cusp between Mesopotamia and the 'West'):

      Durand, Jean-Marie, Florilegium marianum VIII. Le culte des pierres et les
      monuments commémoratifs en Syrie amorrite (Mémoires de N.A.B.U. 9/Supplément
      à NABU 2005 no.2, Paris: SEPOA), 2005.

      best,
      Jonathan Stokl
      University College Londonn