13130RE: [ANE-2] Bronze Age Baetyls

  • sbudin@camden.rutgers.edu
    Jan 18, 2011
      No replies on-list, but this is what I managed to come up with for
      the Levant and Cyprus:

      De Moor, J.C. 1995. "Standing Stones and Ancestor Worship." UF 27, 1?20.

      Dietrich, M., O. Lorenz, and W. Mayer. 1989. "Sikkanum 'Betyle'." UF
      21, 133?139.

      Hutter, V. 1993. "Kultstelen und Baityloi: Die Ausstrahlung eines
      syrischen religiösen Phänomens nach Kleinasien und Israel." In B.
      Janowski, K. Koch, and G. Wilhelm (eds.) _Religionsgeschichtliche
      Beziehungen zwischen Kleinasien, Nordsyrien und dem Alten Testament_.
      Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht. Göttingen, 87?108.

      Karagoerghis, V. 1992. "Miscellanea from Late Bronze Age Cyprus."
      Levant XXIV, 212. (Section I is "On 'baetyls'" in Cyprus).

      Mettinger, T.N.D. 1995. _No Graven Image? Israelite Aniconism in Its
      Ancient Near Eastern Context_. Almqvist & Wiksell International.
      Stockholm.

      Webb, J.M. 1999. "Baetyls and Stele." In _Ritual Architecture,
      Iconography and Practice in the Late Cypriot Bronze Age_. Paul
      Åströms förlag, 182?184.

      Article in DDD.

      All Best,
      Stephanie

      Quoting "Lisbeth S. Fried" <lizfried@...>:

      > Did you get any response to this?
      >
      > I would also be interested.
      >
      > Liz Fried
      >

      > Lisbeth S. Fried, Ph.D.
      > Department of Near Eastern Studies
      > and the Frankel Center for Judaic Studies
      > University of Michigan
      > 202 S. Thayer -- Room 4111
      > Ann Arbor, MI 48104
      > www.lizfried.com <http://www.lizfried.com/>
      >

      > _____

      "All the characters, human or otherwise, are imaginary, excepting only certain
      of the faerie folk, whom it might be unwise to offend by casting doubts on
      their existence. Or lack thereof." -Neil Gaiman
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic