      Fra: ANE-2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ANE-2@yahoogroups.com] På vegne af Michael Banyai
      Sendt: den 16 augusti 2010 18:29
      Til: ANE-2@yahoogroups.com
      Emne: AW: [ANE-2] SV: deportation and repatriation

      The 70 years of exile, Thomas is speaking about, appear also in the prophecy
      of Isaiah 23:15 and 17 about Tyre. This seems to be an important
      Mesopotamian topos, first appearing in biblical works following contacts
      with Assyria. It may have been a current curse in standard contracts with
      Assyria by that time, thus being the real consequence of breaking a contract
      closed with Assyria.

      Thus is the later prophecy of Jeremiah 29:10, 25:11-12 concerning the 70
      year of banishment nothing else than rendering the exact provisions of the
      contract between Judah and Babylon, one of its copies being deposed in the
      temple of Jerusalem. Of course would the punishment come from Yahweh, since
      he is the one to implement the curses of the contract on Judean side. The
      attempts to hinder the accession of Jeremiah to the temple are to be seen in
      this context. Yahweh, as the one to punish Judah for breaking the contract,
      would return his grace to his people after punishing it, as according to the
      contract.

      My father taught me to read attentively each time the lowercased text in a
      contract, for eventually hidden provisions.

      Regards,

      Michael Bányai

      Oberursel