12509Re: [ANE-2] Re: Neanderthal

  • Geoffrey Summers
    May 26, 2010
      Dear Alfredo,

      I have only just seen your message which for some reason found its way
      into my spam box. My question was rhetorical. I think it very unlikely
      that Hom Sap-Neanderthal offspring would be fertile. Therefore I am very
      suspicious of the claim that there the genetic analysis, or perhaps its
      interpretation, is correct. I do not see how we could carry Neanderthal
      genetic material today unless offspring were fertile.

      Yes indeed horses and donkeys, also bactrian and dromedary camels etc
      have infertile offspring.

      Yours,

      Geoff

      --
      Geoffrey SUMMERS
      Settlement Archaeology Graduate Program

      Office Tel: (90) 312 210 6213
      Home Tel/Fax: (90) 312 210 1485
      The Kerkenes Project Tel: (90) 312 210 6216
      http://www.kerkenes.metu.edu.tr
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic