      From: ANE-2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ANE-2@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      frankclancy
      Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 9:56 PM
      To: ANE-2@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [ANE-2] Re: Question, Ramat Rahel

      Dear Russell - Jehoiakim ruled 11 years according to the book of Kings. His
      son Jehoiachin ruled for 3 months. Usually, you are accurate about these
      things so your mind must be distracted for the moment. However, it is
      interesting that Daniel 1:1 indicates Jehoiakim ruled for just 3 years and
      the text describing his rule in the book of Kings says he was a loyal
      servant of Nebuchadnezzer for 3 years and then rebelled. So the regnal term
      of 11 years may be the work of redaction. Also, if Jehoiakim had to pay such
      a large fine, is it likely he had the money to build a new fancy palace?

      Frank Clancy
      Waterloo, Ontario Canada

      --- In ANE-2@yahoogroups. <mailto:ANE-2%40yahoogroups.com> com,