      From: victor avigdor hurowitz <victor@...>
      Subject: Re: [ANE-2] Gilgamesh XI:5
      To: "Donald R. Vance, Ph.D." <donaldrvance@...>
      Cc: ANE-2@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, April 1, 2010, 8:25 AM

      George translates "I was fully intent on doing battle with you". The
      subject of the sentence is libbi(-), my heart/mind. The verb gummur is a
      3rd person D stative, the -ka is a dative suffix. The sentence means "my
      mind was made up against/concerning you to do battle". The translations
      are essentially paraphrases to make the English sound good.
      Victor Hurowitz
      BGU