12158Re: [ANE-2] Semitic names in Greek - Asking for help

  • Michael F. Lane
    Feb 1, 2010
      The introduction to A Glossary of Later and Byzantine Greek by E. A.
      Sophocles
      = Memoirs of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, New Series, Vol. 7
      (1860), 624 pp., especially p. 38 ff. is helpful (contrasting, for example
      Septuagint with Josephus' spellings).

      Stable URL: http://www.jstor.org/stable/25058192

      Best,

      Michael F. Lane
      Univ. of Maryland, Baltimore County

      > Wouldn't the LXX be the best resource for Greek transliteration of Semitic
      > names?
      >
      > Jack Kilmon

      Dr. Michael Franklin Lane
      Ancient Studies Department
      Fine Arts Building, Room 452
      1000 Hilltop Circle
      Baltimore, MD 21250, USA
      Tel. +1-410-455-6265 / Fax +1-410-455-1660
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic