12140Re: Yau in Sealand personal names

  • driver40386
    Jan 28, 2010
      To be fair, using that same argument we could say the Hyksos never fled across northern Sinai (no evidence). Numerous Egyptian armies are supposed to have passed that way, even before Seti's 'Way Stations' (but, no evidence). All the Assyrians, Greeks, Romans, all must have made periodic camps, afterall its a nine day journey, but where's the evidence?
      Nomadic peoples tend to be more traditional and take care when living in or from the natural world. Nomads, when breaking camp did, and still do, clean up the area to leave no trace of their passing.
      We might think we invented the three R's (Reduce, Re-use, & Recycle), but the ancient have been practicing the three R's from time immemorial.
      Something the modern world could do with emulating..

      All the best, Jon Smyth
      Toronto, CAN.

      --- In ANE-2@yahoogroups.com, David Hall <dqhall59@...> wrote:

      > Brian,
      >
      > What makes you think Har Karkom is the "true Mount Horeb/Sinai?"  This place in the southern Negev is quite desolate.  Parts of the Negev from Beersheeba to the south were found to contain EB settlements, but not LBA settlements, except for the Egyptian mining areas north of Eilat at Timnah Park. Studies of the Sinai did not find much in terms of LBA remains except along the northern coastal road named "The Way of Horus," and at the turquiose mines in the south at Serabit al-Khadem.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic