11904Re:Ethnicity in the DANE

  • Brian Colless
    Jan 6, 2010
      And I have just redd that the people of Denmark are the happiest
      people on Earth, and that must be why.

      On 6/01/2010, at 9:35 PM, Niels Peter Lemche wrote:

      > Niels Peter Lemche
      >
      > who was born in a country where everybody believes that he/she is a
      > Dane, with a pedigree going back to -- well, King Skjold.

      PS
      Nietzsche was born in 1844, the year that the Christ was to return
      (known as the Great Disappointment, and I used to offer a course on
      Recent Religions in which I collected all the new religions that
      started in 1844 (Taiping in China, Bahai in Iran, etc), but I
      overlooked Nietzsche and his gospel of the death of God.

      At Sydney University, one of my venerable German teachers (a noble
      baron) had met Nietzsche, he told us, so I have a personal connection.

      Still, we have to keep asking the question: who or what makes the
      world (and the atoms) go round? The universe is alive and existent, a
      living being, and I want to have a personal relationship of love with
      it.

      Brian