11408Philistine areas

  • David Hall
    Sep 30, 2009
      I wondered if any of the excavations of the Philistine pentapolis are open to the public?  I recall the archaeology park at Ashkelon included a MB rampart near the beach, Graeco-Roman type columns, and a Byzantine church near a sycomore fig grove.  Am not sure about Ashdod.  I know there have been excavations at Ekron and Gath.  Gaza is not a place I could go to, nor would I expect to find restored ruins there.

      David Q. Hall