      From: ANE-2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ANE-2@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      frankclancy
      Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 12:53 AM
      To: ANE-2@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [ANE-2] Unexamined sites

      I was wondering if members of this group had particular sites or
      localities they wish archaeologists would examine? I mean, sites that
      are possibly avaiable for archeological digs. The Temple Mount, for
      example, is not available at this time.

      For example, I wish an interesting tell near the West Bank town of
      Awarta would be examined. I believe it might be useful for greater
      understanding of this region in the Iron 2 age. The site controlled some
      interesting Iron Age routes south-west to the Sharon Plain, north-west
      to the region south of Samaria, south-east to the Jordan and the
      Ammon/Moab region, and north-south to Shechem and Jerusalem.

      Just a bit of wishful fancy.

      Frank Clancy