Poll results for AMWGroup

  • AMWGroup@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5, 2010
      The following AMWGroup poll is now closed. Here are the
      final results:

      POLL QUESTION: For those that use the Ancient and Medieval Wargaming rules, for turning a unit do you pivot or wheel?

      Pivoting is defined as a change in direction by keeping the center point of the unit unchanged.

      Wheeling is defined as a change in direction by keeping one front corner of the unit stationary.

      CHOICES AND RESULTS
      - Something else entirely, 0 votes, 0.00%
      - Pivot, 3 votes, 18.75%
      - Pivot with a different definition, 0 votes, 0.00%
      - Wheel, 11 votes, 68.75%
      - A DBA-like move where you measure the distance of the front corner that moved the farthest, 2 votes, 12.50%

      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AMWGroup

    • AMWGroup@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 5, 2010
        The following AMWGroup poll is now closed. Here are the
        final results:

        POLL QUESTION: For those that use the Napoleonic Wargaming rules, for turning a unit do you pivot or wheel?

        Pivoting is defined as a change in direction by keeping the center point of the unit unchanged.

        Wheeling is defined as a change in direction by keeping one front corner of the unit stationary.

        CHOICES AND RESULTS
        - Pivot, 3 votes, 27.27%
        - Pivot with a different definition, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - Wheel, 7 votes, 63.64%
        - A DBA-like move where you measure the distance of the front corner that moved the farthest, 1 votes, 9.09%

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 25, 2010
          The following AMWGroup poll is now closed. Here are the
          final results:

          POLL QUESTION: Do you allow pre-measuring of distances?

          Note that measuring after a charge or fire is declared is not considered pre-measuring for the purposes of this poll.

          CHOICES AND RESULTS
          - Yes, at any time., 3 votes, 37.50%
          - Yes, but only on the player's own turn., 2 votes, 25.00%
          - No, not at any time., 3 votes, 37.50%

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 26, 2010
            The following AMWGroup poll is now closed. Here are the
            final results:

            POLL QUESTION: Do you require that all firing be declared prior to rolling any results?

            CHOICES AND RESULTS
            - Yes, all fire must be declared first., 2 votes, 28.57%
            - No, I allow results from one attack to be resolved before declaring the next fire., 5 votes, 71.43%

            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AMWGroup

          • Dale Hurtt
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 27, 2010
              > POLL QUESTION: Do you require that all firing be declared prior to
              > rolling any results?
              >
              > CHOICES AND RESULTS
              > - Yes, all fire must be declared first., 2 votes, 28.57%
              > - No, I allow results from one attack to be resolved before declaring
              > the next fire., 5 votes, 71.43%

              I was really surprised by this result. (Obviously it is a holdover from other rules systems, as Neil has few mechanics explained in his rules.)

              Granted, not much of a pool of results to draw upon though. 7 out of 267 members... :-/