Re: New Concept?

  • hustierhof
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 16, 2005
      Hello Jan,

      sorry I don't see why your idea should work. I don't see:
      "torque" created by the flywheel would be enough to "shift" your
      center of gravity"
      ADD A DRAWING to your description, otherwise nobody will understand
      it.

      Hubert Stierhof

      --- In AMBIENTENERGY@yahoogroups.com, "jan_p_cack" <jan_p_cack@y...>
      wrote:

      > Hello,
      > A little while back I had an idea and want to share it. Please
      feel
      > free to e-mail me your thoughts and opinions. I have not made any
      > pics yet so I hope I can adequetly describe this concept for you.
      > If you had 2 very large diameter wheels, side by side, with
      enough
      > distance between them to suspend a carriage big enough to carry 1
      > person. Consider these "wheels" to be spokeless, without a center
      of
      > any kind, and a smooth rim for "guided rollers". The "carriage
      > assembly" would be "free spinning" on the rims with multiple
      roller
      > assemblys. This will provide the least obstructions and easily
      > enable a low center of gravity for stability. In a neutral state
      the
      > weight of the carriage would "balance" itself on the inside of the
      > wheels.
      > Incorperated into the carriage would be a "flywheel" of ample
      > size/weight. this flywheel could be "powered" by many different
      > sources but, for simplicity, consider human/pedal power. This
      > flywheel would be orientated the same direction as the wheels,
      > spinning at a very high rpm. I believe the "torque" created by the
      > flywheel would be enough to "shift" your center of gravity. If the
      > weight is shifted foward this would force the "vehicle" to roll
      > foward. This seems like a pretty effecient form of "inertial
      > propulsion".
      > That is the basic concept in its simpliest form. I have been
      > thinking beyond this and wondered if you manually pivot the
      flywheel
      > on its axis, as it's spinning, will this create a "pivot" reaction
      > on the vehicle for a controlled turn? I also thought if you use 2
      > flywheels and could build/buy a "syncro-mesh, variable speed,
      > counter-rotating gearbox assembly", something that
      could "transfer"