Introduction

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16, 2005
      I am new to this group. My background is designing automated
      manufacturing equipment, worked as an instrument technician for the
      Safeguard Missile sites, and worked in R&D as a engineering tech for a
      solar panel start-up company (which I later found was owned by a major
      oil company).

      I witnessed a local transmission repair business in El Paso, TX build
      a prototype car and test it at the shopping center near me in the
      early 70's. It converted energy from braking (electric generator) into
      stored power (battery) that was recycled when accelerating (via
      motor). It may have been the first practical hybrid car.

      My experiences have convinced me that if there is to be an alternative
      to petroleum, it is going to have to come from amateurs such as us.

      What will be required (in MHO) is the equivalent of the drinking bird
      novelty that actually does something useful; perhaps pumping water.

      My focus is on low temperature conversion of solar power, since it is
      the ONLY non-polluting source

      Love to hear from other members.
      Bill