Re: [AMBIENTENERGY] Re: Liquid air

  • engineman1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20 3:55 PM
      In a message dated 4/20/01 10:27:45 PM !!!First Boot!!!, bmc@...
      writes:

      Good to hear from you.
      Yes these methods are covered in my physics books.  But I believe you
      misunderstood the question.  Let me try it in different words.  Let's say
      that we are trying to run a steam engine (which uses the Nitrogen as its
      working fluid) off of the output of a Heat pump (which also uses Nitrogen
      for its working fluid.

      Now the Engine is between a high temperature reservoir which comes from the
      Heat pump and a low temperature reservoir which is the ambient temperature
      atmosphere.

      Now let's make a little change.  Let's use the intake side of that Heat
      pump to create a cold reservoir for the Engine that is colder than the
      ambient temperature atmosphere which it was using before.

      Now to do this I suggest incorporating yet another heat exchanger just
      before the Heat pump compressor to absorb ambient temperature heat from the
      atmosphere.  This way the work of compression begins at ambient temperature.

      Anyway, that was my question.

      Wasn't this the same thing we discussed a year or so ago? Didn't we come to
      the conclusion that  this type of device could only produce enough energy to
      run itself and then only if it was friction-free? For it to produce any
      useable energy we would have to add energy to it. Or maybe I haven't been
      keeping up on things enough- maybe someone repealed the 2nd law of
      thermodynamics.

      BTW in the May issue of Popular Science there is an article called "Warp
      Speed Gets Real". It tells about how NASA is experimenting with wormholes,
      negative energy, and Star Trek-like space drives.
      Engineman1