Gas Cycle Heat Engine With Isothermal Compressor

  • Terry Tharp
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18, 2003
      Hi Everyone,

      About a year ago I did some calculations on a heat engine concept that
      revealed positive results for a device which could utilize ambient heat as
      an energy source. I was doing many different design concepts and I finally
      hit on one that worked. I then stopped working on these calculations as I
      tried to get people to help me develop this concept. However, the people
      that I know that had the money to help with project turned their back on me
      and this project. They did not even want to see what I had done. They just
      said they were not interested in helping. I found this very disappointing
      because these same people had informed me that if I did figure something out
      they would be interested helping.

      Anyway I have a memory problem and after letting this thing set while I
      tried to get help in developing it, I forgot what I had done. I also had a
      computer system crash and lost the files that I had saved on my
      calculations. Anyway, as I was working with different heat engine cycle
      calculations I found that a Rankin Cycle heat engine is hard to work with
      because of the heat of vaporization and condensation that is lost in the
      cycle. The heat of vaporization is such a large factor for most fluids. I
      then turned my attention to gas cycle heat engines and I was running into
      problems with getting these to work also.

      I had been using the concept of recycling the heat back into the system with
      a heat pump which has four basic components, a high side heat exchanger, a
      low side heat exchanger, a expansion valve, and adiabatic compressor. But
      then one day I got the idea of using an isothermal compressor in the
      thermodynamic circuit and that is when I hit the big payoff day. The day
      that revealed we could take in ambient heat and use it as a free source of
      energy with existing technology. I was so excited. I stopped doing these
      calculations and figured that I would get some help.

      I assumed that there would be allot of people that would be willing to help.
      But I was mistaken. So now here I am disappointed with the rejections and
      also cannot even remember the details of what I did. I have uploaded a page
      with a basic design concept which I believe is close to what I did (see link
      below). I will need to work out the calculations. Perhaps, someone reading
      this will work out the calculations and let us know the results.

      Click on this link to view the diagram.

      http://home.fuse.net/tharp/HotAirEngine.htm

      Terry Tharp