Re: [AMBIENTENERGY] Re: seeking low temp heat engine

  • Ronald W. Frazier
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 14, 2003
      Mike,

      Thanks for the note.  Any links you have readily available would be great.  I'm sure the whole group would enjoy them.  Don't go to a lot of trouble though.  I cross posted this to a number of groups.  I'll probably post your reply to several.

      Sincerely,

      Ron

      At 2/15/2003 04:23 AM +0000, you wrote:
      Hi Ron,

      You could look at adapting any IC engine (in particular diesels) for
      use by changing the head and injection/exhaust system. Another
      thought is to check out the tesla turbine group on yahoo - relatively
      easy construction but generally being designed for higher temps, of
      course, these can also be adapted by changing blade size.

      Some have experimented with the use of automobile AC compressors
      operated in reverse, likewise turbochargers.

      Steam is a possibility but a better choice might be various
      refrigerants - freon, ammonia, butane, propane, CO2, etc. Lots of
      info on the web.

      If you need some links - tell me - and I'll put a few together.

      Mike

      Ronald W. Frazier     770-205-9422     770-888-8498 FAX
      rfrazier@...     http://c3energy.com/
      C3 Energy - "Your Source For Commercial & Industrial Electrical Savings"

    • vindalf_99 <vindalf_99@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 14, 2003
        Just a few to get you started

        Really Good site on Heat Engines, also use with Solar
        >>http://www.redrok.com/engine.htm

        ASHRAE Site:
        >>http://www.ashrae.org/

        Tesla Turbine Links:
        >>http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/gmpr/ptbctoc.htm

        Fun with Homebuilt Jet Engines:
        >>http://www.springerdev.com/jet/

        Small Sterling Engines:
        >>http://www.stirlingengine.com/

        Beginning thread on Scroll-Rankine Solar Design:
        >>http://sol.crest.org/renewables/solar-concentrator-list-
        archive/msg00426.html

        Mike
        --- In AMBIENTENERGY@yahoogroups.com, "Ronald W. Frazier"