Re: seeking low temp heat engine

  • vindalf_99 <vindalf_99@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 14, 2003
      Hi Ron,

      You could look at adapting any IC engine (in particular diesels) for
      use by changing the head and injection/exhaust system. Another
      thought is to check out the tesla turbine group on yahoo - relatively
      easy construction but generally being designed for higher temps, of
      course, these can also be adapted by changing blade size.

      Some have experimented with the use of automobile AC compressors
      operated in reverse, likewise turbochargers.

      Steam is a possibility but a better choice might be various
      refrigerants - freon, ammonia, butane, propane, CO2, etc. Lots of
      info on the web.

      If you need some links - tell me - and I'll put a few together.

      Mike
    • Ronald W. Frazier
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 14, 2003
        Mike,

        Thanks for the note.  Any links you have readily available would be great.  I'm sure the whole group would enjoy them.  Don't go to a lot of trouble though.  I cross posted this to a number of groups.  I'll probably post your reply to several.

        Sincerely,

        Ron

        At 2/15/2003 04:23 AM +0000, you wrote:
        Hi Ron,

        You could look at adapting any IC engine (in particular diesels) for
        use by changing the head and injection/exhaust system. Another
        thought is to check out the tesla turbine group on yahoo - relatively
        easy construction but generally being designed for higher temps, of
        course, these can also be adapted by changing blade size.

        Some have experimented with the use of automobile AC compressors
        operated in reverse, likewise turbochargers.

        Steam is a possibility but a better choice might be various
        refrigerants - freon, ammonia, butane, propane, CO2, etc. Lots of
        info on the web.

        If you need some links - tell me - and I'll put a few together.

        Mike

        Ronald W. Frazier     770-205-9422     770-888-8498 FAX
        rfrazier@...     http://c3energy.com/
        C3 Energy - "Your Source For Commercial & Industrial Electrical Savings"

      • vindalf_99 <vindalf_99@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 14, 2003
          Just a few to get you started

          Really Good site on Heat Engines, also use with Solar
          >>http://www.redrok.com/engine.htm

          ASHRAE Site:
          >>http://www.ashrae.org/

          Tesla Turbine Links:
          >>http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/gmpr/ptbctoc.htm

          Fun with Homebuilt Jet Engines:
          >>http://www.springerdev.com/jet/

          Small Sterling Engines:
          >>http://www.stirlingengine.com/

          Beginning thread on Scroll-Rankine Solar Design:
          >>http://sol.crest.org/renewables/solar-concentrator-list-
          archive/msg00426.html

          Mike
          --- In AMBIENTENERGY@yahoogroups.com, "Ronald W. Frazier"