Re: [AMBIENTENERGY] For Charles Ford Two Sciences

  • Vikrant Suri
    Message 1 of 14 , May 16, 2001
      Dear Charles ,

      Good enough .

      For starts please check

      http://www.geocities.com/hustierhof/index.html

      Hubert has just been awarded a Patent for his Moving
      Cylinder Solar operated Stirling Engine .

      Again - he is simply on the look-out for funds to
      develop further - and on the look-out for the past few
      years . He is a friend of mine so I know all this .

      Energy Input for his invention is none other than
      Ambient Heat .

      Regards .

      Vikrant Suri

      --- Charles Ford <cjford1@...> wrote: > At 02:32
      PM 5/15/01 +0100, you wrote:
      > >Dear Charles Ford ,
      > >
      > >Building is the problem . Not the ideas or the
      > >innovative break-through needed - but the funds and
      > >the concerted effort in presenting before the world
      > >citizens and the commercial world a practical
      > working
      > >device , fairly competitive to existing systems ,
      > and
      > >individually applicable at household level .
      >
      > True enough money is a problem but I think we can
      > explore much of this in
      > our backyards and garages. Well enough to generate
      > some good engineering
      > numbers and a working sample or two. We simply need
      > to approach the
      > problem scientifically.
      >
      > First thing is to generate that gradient and get
      > some measurements.

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      =====
      vikrantsuri2@...
      vikrantsuri@...

    • Vikrant Suri
      Message 2 of 14 , May 16, 2001
        Dear Bob ,

        Correct - and one can only add that all members to be
        magnanimous in pursuing to commercial stage the one
        that the democratic view holds as the most promising .

        That way we will not pull in different directions as
        also develop something meaningful - practically that
        is .

        Regards .

        Vikrant Suri

        --- BobDMorris@... wrote: > First, determine the
        most practicle method, then,
        > thermo and mechanics will
        > give us the numbers. Then go build a "proof of
        > concept" model.
        >
        > Now, which idea holds the most promise? Electronic,
        > heat pump, other? Boyd
        > Cantrell has done a lot of work and probably hs the
        > most developed idea.
        > Let's look.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Bob Morris

        =====
        vikrantsuri2@...
        vikrantsuri@...

      • Charles Ford
        Message 3 of 14 , May 16, 2001
          At 02:55 AM 5/17/01 +0100, you wrote:
          >Dear Charles ,
          >
          >Good enough .
          >
          >For starts please check
          >
          ><http://www.geocities.com/hustierhof/index.html>http://www.geocities.com/hu
          >stierhof/index.html

          This brings to mind another point. I have participated in several groups
          and found it is sometimes difficult to exchange ideas without drawings. I
          think at some point in the near future we need to discuss and choose a CAD
          file format that fits our needs as a group. My choice would be DXF but
          there are as I understand several others. It also might be desirable to
          locate a shareware or freeware CAD and post it in the group file vault.

          Comments and recommendations please.

          Message 4 of 14 , May 17, 2001
            Charlie...
            Excellent contribution! I have AUTOCAD...who has what?

            Think we should agree to appoint Charlie as leader for this project so he can
            choose the most practical for the group. If no huge disagreement, Charlie
            you got the job.

            Thanks for helping!
            Bob Morris
          • Vikrant Suri
            Message 5 of 14 , May 17, 2001
              My Vote in favour of the suggestion .

              Regards .

              Vikrant Suri

              --- BobDMorris@... wrote: > Charlie...

              Message 6 of 14 , May 17, 2001
                Dear Charles ,

                Again for atarts - were you informed that the Ambient
                Energy group has a Message Board too at

                http://wwwboard.net/bbs1/ambientenergy/wwwboard.sht

                A link can be provided for uploading files as per your
                suggestion or else one person can take the
                responsibility ( he receives as attachment ) of
                uploading onto free web space available and then
                informs of the URL .

                Good suggestion on your part .

                Regards .

                Vikrant Suri

                --- Charles Ford <cjford1@...> wrote: > At 02:55

                Message 7 of 14 , May 17, 2001
                  Hey Group...
                  I need your help!

                  Having gone through the math/thermo, the vortex appears to be a good tool for
                  generating thermal gradients. I need some independent varification(s) of my
                  calculations.

                  Assumptions:
                  1. Air at ambient conditions is enclosed within a cylinder
                  2. The cylinder can spin about the center of its diameter
                  3. Inside the cylinder is configured to prevent the trapped air from
                  "sliping" upon accelleration/decelleration.
                  4. The cylinder (inside) is 12 inches diameter by 6 inches long.
                  5. Maximum velocity of the air is 450 Feet Per Second.

                  Centrifugal force causes a vortex (mimi-tornado) in the spinning air so what
                  are the pressure gradients from the center of the vortex to its maximum
                  diameter, in one inch increments?

                  Thanks for helping!!!
                  Bob Morris
                • Charles Ford
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 17, 2001
                    Bob:

                    This is something that is being done
                    http://www.southstreet.freeserve.co.uk/rhvtmatl/rhvtinfo.htm

                    The Ranque Hilsch Vortex is ueed in machiene shops for spot cooling of
                    tooling processes.
                    This process has also ben called "Maxwells Demon"

                    At 01:19 PM 5/17/01 -0400, you wrote:
                    >Hey Group...
                    >I need your help!
                    >
                    >Having gone through the math/thermo, the vortex appears to be a good tool for
                    >generating thermal gradients. I need some independent varification(s) of my
                    >calculations.
                    >
                    >Assumptions:
                    >1. Air at ambient conditions is enclosed within a cylinder
                    >2. The cylinder can spin about the center of its diameter
                    >3. Inside the cylinder is configured to prevent the trapped air from
                    >"sliping" upon accelleration/decelleration.
                    >4. The cylinder (inside) is 12 inches diameter by 6 inches long.
                    >5. Maximum velocity of the air is 450 Feet Per Second.
                    >
                    >Centrifugal force causes a vortex (mimi-tornado) in the spinning air so what
                    >are the pressure gradients from the center of the vortex to its maximum
                    >diameter, in one inch increments?
                    >
                    >Thanks for helping!!!
                    >Bob Morris
                    >
                    >Yahoo! Groups
                    >Sponsor<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=201621.1431180.3015684.2/D=egroupmail/S=17000
                    >83269:N/A=615447/R=2/*http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?ydomains+merchan
                    >t-ad:dmad/M=201621.1431180.3015684.2/D=egroupmail/S=1700083269:N/A=615447/R
                    >=3/990119957+http://domains.yahoo.com/>
                    >www.

                    Charlie Ford

                    KC5-OWZ
                    cjford1@...
                    cjford1@...

                    Message 9 of 14 , May 17, 2001
                      In a message dated 05/17/2001 1:56:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                      cjford1@... writes:

                      << http://www.southstreet.freeserve.co.uk/rhvtmatl/rhvtinfo.htm >>

                      Thanks, Charlie...
                      I've looked at these. They require compressed air for generating a vortex.
                      I want to generate a vortex by mechanically.

                      Best Regards,
                      Bob Morris