Re: [AMBIENTENERGY] Over-Unity

  • Charles Ford
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2002
      --- Boyd & Margie Cantrell <bmc@...> wrote:
      > To anyone interested.
      >
      > I have never believed in Over-Unity, but the textbooks teach
      > that when doing work to compress a gas (such as in a Heat
      > pump), you get not only the heat from the low temperature
      > reservoir, but also all of the heat from the work expended in
      > compressing the gas too.
      >
      > Is that not Over-Unity? I mean that in any other type of
      > physics, you exchange your work for what ever you get.

      Unfortunately it is not. :-( Although it seems to have an
      energy gain all of the output energy is explained by the input.

      A little logic and some plain old accounting would prove this
      true. However.

      Say you start with ambient air and extract from that air by
      cooling a constant 1000W. Your energy cost (assuming 70%
      efficiency) would be about 1300W. The output heat would of
      course be 2300W (good accounting)

      Now if you could use this output at a greater efficiency than
      is allowed (say 70%) then you built an apparent perpetuator.
      You would be extracting something on the order of 1600W
      (without actually doing the math) offering you an apparent
      overage of 300W.

      This is why we all like to believe :-)

      Now here is the problem. The best best best use of the heat
      that can be achieved is only 50% (there are physical and
      mathematical reasons for this)

      Now lets re-do the experiment with this knowledge.
      1000W extraction at 70% efficiency the consumption will be
      1300W and the output will be 2300W (ain't that cheerful)

      Now if 2300W can be converted into usable energy at 50% so you
      can actually use 1150W leavin yall about 150W in the ditch.
      (SHUCKS!)

      But here is something the experiment does not consider. You
      are forgetting about a 1000W heat hole (gradient) that you left
      behind. From which you should be able to extract an additional
      500W (a little pipe dream) offering you an overage of 350W

      Now if at some point one of us could actually achieve that 50%
      we can get started. My stuff is peaking out at about 30 wich
      leaves this expariment back in the accounting ditch.

      =====
      Charles Ford
      KC5-OWZ
      cjford1@...