Science & Mechanics permanent magnet motor article text

  • kirk
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2001
      Ummm. Isn't this impossible?
      Kirk

      -----
      Written by Jorma Hyypia for Science & Mecanics Magazine, Spring 1980
      edition.
      "We don't grant patents on perpetual motion machines," said the
      examiners at the U.S. Patent Office. "It won't work because it violates the
      law of Conservation of Energy," said one physicist after another. But
      because, inventor Howard Johnson is not the sort of man to be intimidated by
      such seemingly authoritative pronouncements, he now owns U.S. Patent No.
      4,151,431 which describes how it is possible to generate motive power, as in
      a motor, using only the energy contained in the atoms of permanent magnets.
      That's right. Johnson has discovered how to build motors that run without an
      input of electricity or any other kind of external energy!

      http://newebmasters.com/freeenergy/sm-text.html
    • Charles Ford
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5, 2001
        Kirk:

        Years ago the patent office held this stand. "No Perpetual motion"
        It is however possible to slip one or two by them.

        HJ never claimed the thing would run forever. Just that it would produce
        an output when the input was removed.
        as does every motor. Until the armature spins down :-) In this case the
        patent office required no proof of concept. It was different and it worked
        as claimed. All previous artwork was properly cited so he got the patent.

        Twisting the words a little it could be understood that the device produces
        a perpetual motion effect. Just so you know the patent could be challenged
        if it can be proven wrong or incomplete. But most don't bother. It costs
        money to challenge a patent.

        None of HJ's stuff ever worked

        At 01:20 AM 9/5/01 -0600, you wrote:
        >Ummm. Isn't this impossible?
        >Kirk

        >-----
        >Written by Jorma Hyypia for Science & Mecanics Magazine, Spring 1980
        >edition.
        > "We don't grant patents on perpetual motion machines," said the
        >examiners at the U.S. Patent Office. "It won't work because it violates the
        >law of Conservation of Energy," said one physicist after another. But
        >because, inventor Howard Johnson is not the sort of man to be intimidated by
        >such seemingly authoritative pronouncements, he now owns U.S. Patent No.
        >4,151,431 which describes how it is possible to generate motive power, as in
        >a motor, using only the energy contained in the atoms of permanent magnets.
        >That's right. Johnson has discovered how to build motors that run without an
        >input of electricity or any other kind of external energy!
        >
        ><http://newebmasters.com/freeenergy/sm-text.html>http://newebmasters.com/fr
        >eeenergy/sm-text.html
        >
        >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Charlie Ford

        KC5-OWZ
        cjford1@...
        cjford1@...

      • kirk
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 5, 2001
          Thanks for the info. I thought there was screening at patent level and
          wondered how he got through.
          Now I know how.
          :)

          Years ago the patent office held this stand. "No Perpetual motion"
          It is however possible to slip one or two by them.

          HJ never claimed the thing would run forever. Just that it would produce
          an output when the input was removed.
          as does every motor. Until the armature spins down :-) In this case the
          patent office required no proof of concept. It was different and it worked
          as claimed. All previous artwork was properly cited so he got the patent.

          Twisting the words a little it could be understood that the device produces
          a perpetual motion effect. Just so you know the patent could be challenged
          if it can be proven wrong or incomplete. But most don't bother. It costs
          money to challenge a patent.

          None of HJ's stuff ever worked

          At 01:20 AM 9/5/01 -0600, you wrote:
          >Ummm. Isn't this impossible?
          >Kirk

          >-----
          >Written by Jorma Hyypia for Science & Mecanics Magazine, Spring 1980
          >edition.
          > "We don't grant patents on perpetual motion machines," said the
          >examiners at the U.S. Patent Office. "It won't work because it violates the
          >law of Conservation of Energy," said one physicist after another. But
          >because, inventor Howard Johnson is not the sort of man to be intimidated
          by
          >such seemingly authoritative pronouncements, he now owns U.S. Patent No.
          >4,151,431 which describes how it is possible to generate motive power, as
          in
          >a motor, using only the energy contained in the atoms of permanent magnets.
          >That's right. Johnson has discovered how to build motors that run without
          an
          >input of electricity or any other kind of external energy!
          >
          ><http://newebmasters.com/freeenergy/sm-text.html>http://newebmasters.com/fr
          >eeenergy/sm-text.html
          >
          >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Charlie Ford

          KC5-OWZ
          cjford1@...
          cjford1@...

          ---
          Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.
        • george sikes
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 5, 2001
            Hi folks, looks like HJ's motor runs like the
            Maninto wheel??? see pic attached
            george

            =====
            Please bookmark our url for updates on windcrank progress:http://www.geocities.com/windcrank/index.html