DARK ENGINE

  • Charles Ford
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2001
      Geze looks like making usable power from ambient is a simple matter of
      finding somewhere else to put the stuff.

      A gas tube device that was used in an old stereo (circa 1970) to move the
      amplifier heat to a more convenient place for dissipation. Using some Freon
      (my guess) the output transistors where mounted to one end of the tube and
      heat sink to the other.
      Being an avid clutter collector I happen to have one. mounting A Peltier
      chip to the end that was mounted to the transistors and placing the other
      end in a aluminum foil reflector (favoring a sunless portion of the
      northern sky) I have a small current flowing 120ma at about 360mv through a
      300 ohm resister. (43mW)
      During the day.
      In the dark of night my 360mv almost doubles to 700mv while providing a
      current of 233ma (136mW)
      Kirk: Sorry I do not have any delta T info (quite frankly I did this on a
      wild hair and can't see how to get usable data from it)
      Boyd: Is this your ambient free energy? The trick is finding somewhere cool
      to move the stuff to. The cold dark of space is available to us 24-7 (er
      unless it is cloudy)
      I think I need to go get a digital camera.

      Charlie Ford

      KC5-OWZ
      cjford1@...
      cjford1@...