Electromagnetic Heresy

  • kirk
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 8, 2001
      Lots more at link
      Kirk

      Again Jerry's answer was startling: Under the right conditions, temperature
      was not a factor; a properly designed conductor would superconduct at room
      temperature. Why? Electrical resistance results from competition between two
      energies: electricity and a second energy. A bi-metallic conductor solves
      the problem. With a copper sheath encasing a core of bismuth, which is a
      powerful diamagnetic, the second energy migrates to the core, leaving the
      copper clear for the electrons. The magnetic field forms a standing wave
      outside of the conductor (the Meissner effect).

      Note that superconducting ceramics use a layered lattice which includes a
      conductor, an oxide, and other elements. The structure here is critical.
      Gallimore's experiments may have been conducted in air; the oxygen there
      apparently performed the same function as the oxide in the ceramic. (Is
      there a special relationship between oxygen and magnetism?)

      The scientific community rejected Gallimore's device and his thesis as being
      absurd; superconductivity at room temperature was "impossible." He did not
      have the resources to conduct a proper scientific study.

      Later I learned, from reading Gallimore's material, that this phenomenon is
      known as Maxwell's Displacement, for the theory by James Clerk Maxwell.
      Maxwell had proposed a "two-fluid" theory (Article 36) to explain
      electricity. Also, Maxwell held that electrons normally flow on the surface
      of a conductor (Article 80; see Coulomb's Law). "Neutricity" is the name
      Gallimore applied to the energy of Displacement; he says that a third
      energy, possibly gravity, is also involved. Gallimore claimed, in an
      interview with Christopher Bird, that he had achieved room temperature
      superconductivity approximating 99% efficiency. The interview, which
      includes most of the material above, took place on July 21, 1976; it was
      published in 1977, in Vol. 2 of Gallimore's Handbook of Unusual Energies
      (p.115).

      http://www.teleport.com/%7Ebfryer/heresy.html
      ---
    • Charles Ford
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 8, 2001
        At 01:56 PM 7/8/01 -0600, you wrote:
        >The scientific community rejected Gallimore's device and his thesis as being
        >absurd; superconductivity at room temperature was "impossible." He did not
        >have the resources to conduct a proper scientific study.

        Gallimore not having enough resources??? Superconductivity is easy enough
        to prove with a ceramic magnet.... What's up with that??

        Charlie Ford
        KC5-OWZ
        cjford1@...
        cjford1@...

      • kirk
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 8, 2001
          Room temperature. Circulating macro current is different from perm magnet.
          Kirk

          >The scientific community rejected Gallimore's device and his thesis as
          being
          >absurd; superconductivity at room temperature was "impossible." He did not
          >have the resources to conduct a proper scientific study.

          Gallimore not having enough resources??? Superconductivity is easy enough
          to prove with a ceramic magnet.... What's up with that??

          Charlie Ford
          KC5-OWZ
          cjford1@...
          cjford1@...

          ---
          Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

          ---
        • Charles Ford
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 9, 2001
            At 11:06 PM 7/8/01 -0600, you wrote:
            >Room temperature. Circulating macro current is different from perm magnet.
            >Kirk
            Sorry I didn't read the paper... Only reacted to the comment. So he needs
            a volt meter..... :-)

            Superconductivity can be proven via Miesner effect with a ceramic magnet
            providing there is no huge pre existing current. In the case of a pre
            existing huge current superconductivity can be proven via the absence of
            voltage drop... In the case of burst currents it cannot be proven at
            all.... Inductance is a much more serious problem here... But actually I
            should shut up and read the paper first.