Re: [AMBIENTENERGY] Anyone interested?

  • Charles Ford
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 5, 2001
      Boyd:

      Sometimes things get slow... Trust me we are still interested.

      If you need to split we will understand but please leave this list open.
      I already own another list and if you need to leave it for a bit just set
      my settings to "Moderator" and things will continue on.

      At 11:13 AM 7/5/01 -0700, you wrote:
      >I haven't been able to generate much action on this list. I think that
      >this is my own doings from the beginning when I said that since the little
      >drinking bird does in fact work then I would ban anyone who wasted our time
      >arguing that converting ambient temperature heat was impossible.
      >
      >I have come to know two things on this subject.
      >
      >#1 Is that you can't tell anyone what to not say.
      >
      >#2 Is that if you allow them to argue against the possibility of converting
      >ambient temperature heat, then it escalates to a point that is no longer
      >worth the effort of trying to get them to understand. I don't see how
      >anyone could argue with the bird fact but they do. They go off on a
      >tangent telling how inefficient it is, how it is dependant on the
      >conditions of humidity, etc.
      >
      >They can't or won't accept the suggestion that maybe there is a way that
      >might work just a little better than the bird. They just won't think about
      >it and they don't want you to think about it.
      >
      >Okay #1 don't work and #2 don't work so I'm lost for an answer and I'm
      >tired. I hate to delete this list because just maybe someone knows how to
      >handle such things. I want someone to take over this list.
      >
      >PLEASE!
      >

      >Boyd

      Charlie Ford

      KC5-OWZ
      cjford1@...
      cjford1@...

    • Vikrant Suri
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 5, 2001
        Dear Mr Boyd ,

        Who are "they" - just the sceptics is it not . I have
        been busy manufacturing a water and a vapour turbine
        here at India to use inside a stationary model . Plus
        the humidity here at these times saps the energy
        levels !! People are busy taking energy extraction
        from ambient heat further . So activity on this list
        will always be in instalments and spurts .

        We carry on .

        Vikrant

        =====
        http://www.geocities.com/vikrantsuri3/index.html
        vikrantsuri@...

      • Vikrant Suri

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 5, 2001
            Stick around. Rome wasn't built in a day.

            You generated enough action that I joined. I saw your group when it first
            started but. . .
            It is obvious to me now you really are genuine in your search.

            I'm something of a heretic myself. I'm trying to compose a nice letter to a
            flame I got from my article in "The Varmint Hunter". Title is "Will the real
            footpound please stand up". I pointed out a kinetic energy footpound is not
            an engineering footpound, 1.356 Joules. Flame city.

            Feynman in his 3 volume redbook series of physics lectures is the ONLY text
            I have seen that discusses this.
            Everyone is an expert though. Just ask them.

            So-- if you want to discuss thermo that's my hobby. I'm interested in WIG
            aircraft, accurate rifles, renewable energy
            am an amateur extra but not active, I reload several calibers, worked in
            aerospace in radiation hardness and susceptibility. I live in central
            Montana on the side of a mountain waaaaay out in the boonies with a 20 some
            k dial up.

            Mr. Ford is experimenting with some thermoelectric modules I see. Greetings
            Mr. Ford. I haven't read all the archives by a long shot but a few.

            W. Minto's wheel could be made much more efficient. Fairly low tech machine
            to build too.

            I'm into efficient low speed airfoils too. The carbon dragon has a glide
            ratio of 36. That same airfoil can extract energy from the wind.

            Boyd, action will come. Show a machine that pencils and is worth its
            materials and labor. It CAN be done.
            Be as popular as 5 cent beer. Be careful what you wish for. Do you want that
            much action?

            Kirk

            #1 Is that you can't tell anyone what to not say.

            #2 Is that if you allow them to argue against the possibility of converting
            ambient temperature heat, then it escalates to a point that is no longer
            worth the effort of trying to get them to understand. I don't see how
            anyone could argue with the bird fact but they do. They go off on a
            tangent telling how inefficient it is, how it is dependant on the
            conditions of humidity, etc.

            They can't or won't accept the suggestion that maybe there is a way that
            might work just a little better than the bird. They just won't think about
            it and they don't want you to think about it.

            Okay #1 don't work and #2 don't work so I'm lost for an answer and I'm
            tired. I hate to delete this list because just maybe someone knows how to
            handle such things. I want someone to take over this list.

            PLEASE!

            Boyd

            ---
            Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.