Re: [AMBIENTENERGY] Horsepower

  • Vikrant Suri
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2001
      Dear Sir ,

      Do you know the efficiencies of today's solar cells

      To only partly participate please check

      http://www.benwiens.com/energy1.html

      I am pasting the relevant portion for your quick view

      The light from the sun has an average temperament of
      about 6300°K. The carnot-ratio diagram of Fig 26 shows
      that the helmholtz-ratio of sunlight is about 95%.
      This means that theoretically it should be possible to
      convert 95% of the radiant-energy to electricity. In
      actual practice, present day solar cells only convert
      about 11% of the radiant-energy into electricity at
      most. This means that 89% of the remaining sunlight is
      converted into thermal-energy

      Regards .

      Vikrant Suri

      --- Boyd Cantrell <bmc@...> wrote: > Charles,