719Re: [AMBIENTENERGY] Re: Dippy bird

  • Marvin Carter
    Nov 16, 2002

      Yes these are facts, but wouldn't it be smarter to see to it that it don't run out of water? Water is cheep here California.  I like the things covered in the group description, especially about trying to come up with something that might be a little more efficient that old Dippy.

       Phil Karn <anonanon7@...> wrote:

      --- In AMBIENTENERGY@y..., Marvin Carter <marvinjasoncarter@y...>
      wrote:

      > New member here,
      >
      > I found the description of this group very interesting.  It seems to
      me that a person would have to be a fool to deny the fact that the
      little dippy bird converts enough heat from the atmosphere into
      mechanical energy to power itself.

      Yes, the dippy bird uses heat from the atmosphere,  but that's not all
      it does. If it did, it would violate the second law of thermodynamics.
      The bird does something else that keeps it from violating the second
      law: it evaporates water. When the water runs out, the bird stops even
      though there's plenty of heat left in the atmosphere.

      Phil

      Do you Yahoo!?