373RE: [AMBIENTENERGY] Re: RE: Re: Minto / Solar / Thermoelectric

  • kirk
    Jan 8, 2002
      The goo they encapsulate the cells with that bonds to the glass is what
      turns brown. I am told it is not UV stable.
      Becomes a bigger problem with concentrators.

      You dropped a zero. You should see about 130 watts/m^2

      If you shop you can buy for less than $5 a watt and if you got a dealership
      maybe $4 a watt?

      I thought flip the panel over and use 2 reflectors below. No hail damage can
      be done to panel that way.
      Maybe put glass in front of panel for uv filtering.
      Lose 10-15% of the light but since you are concentrating anyway and
      reflector is cheaper than panel it might be OK to do.
      Leave a space between back of panel and protective cover. Colder the panel
      the more the output.

      Kirk