      From: nogardthe1 [mailto:nogardthe1@...]
      Sent: Monday, January 07, 2002 2:02 PM
      To: AMBIENTENERGY@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [AMBIENTENERGY] Re: Minto / Solar / Thermoelectric

      Mother Earth News made one years back {a 22 footer} that put out
      enuf power ta lift a guy {Steve Burkholder I believe it was} clean
      off the ground when he tryed to stop it. If that is not enuf power
      for ya then I suggest ya get a big shaft and mount several wheels on
      it. That should keep your flow rates in line.
      The Dragon

      --- In AMBIENTENERGY@y..., "kirk" <kirk@3...> wrote:
      > That is the best page I have ever seen on the Minto wheel.
      > However, I have penciled what it takes for just a half kilowatt
      unit and the
      > wheel becomes a monster. The flow rate for any resonable power is
      large and
      > small pipe won't do. Also the pipe volume has to be a small
      percentage of
      > the tank volume for any efficiency and there are other problems too.
      >
      > If you want a conversation piece in the back yard go for it but
      don't hope
      > for much else.
      >
      > Kirk

      ---