Anyone from the Mobile, Al area? I' m new and looking for sources for good food

  • gclong4
    Message 1 of 2 , May 26, 2006
      So far, everything seems to be 2-3 hrs away. Let me know if you know of
      anything closer! I would be grateful!
    • Mary Johnson
      Message 2 of 2 , May 27, 2006
        See my message # 161 for info on a mail-order source. Also, one of our
        listmembers will be doing cow and goat shares, pastured poultry
        (including eggs) and grass-fed meats once she gets settled here in
        Alabama (her family is moving from NM). They will be just this side of
        Montgomery, I think.

        We would definitely be interested in cow milk if you have it
        delivered; would also be willing to co-op (take a turn driving) if you
        go that route. Please let me know! BTW, are you on the SEDairyClub
        list? It's also a Yahoo group for folks looking for fresh dairy here
        below the Mason-Dixon.

        I will send you privately the informal source list I'm working on -
        most of it you may know, if you have additions, I'd love to have them!

        Thanks and welcome to the list!

        Mary Johnson
        mar at mj-pg.com
        Citronelle AL (1/2way between Mobile AL and State Line MS)
        "I realise that patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or
        bitterness towards anyone. " - Edith Cavell
        http://www.sdraw.org

        PS: I just got the results of my latest cholesterol screening (yes, I
        let my internist test, although he knows I won't take statins) - 231,
        of which only 34 points was HDL (so-called "bad" cholesterol). Not too
        shabby for someone who eats saturated fat! LOL