Raw Milk

  • marelty
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2006
      I live in South Alabama and I am frustrated by the lack of places to
      buy whole foods. I would especially like to find a dairy farm that
      sells raw milk. I do not mind the pasturization, but I would like the
      milk that is not homogenized.
    • Maneely's
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 2, 2006
        Where in South Alabama, close to Dothan?
        Millie
        Interested in organic, healthy produce for your family?
        Whole Foods of Panama City
        organic food buying club
        wholefoodspc@...
        Weston A Price Foundation Chapter Leader Panama City, Florida
        www.westonaprice.org

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 2, 2006
          We have a source in Dothan and I just got off the phone with a goat dairy in Salem, near Opelika.

          Don't forget to check the FL farms at http://www.realmilk.com/where1.html#fl
          Let me know if you need phone numbers.

          JOHN

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 25, 2006
            Forgive me for not paying attention the past few months! We found a
            raw goat's milk source here in Montgomery and have been using that,
            but would REALLY like to find grassfed raw cow's milk. Any new
            developments? I've tried to organize with other folks here, but to no
            avail. I remember a lady posting a while ago that she and her family
            were moving from out west to the Montgomery-ish area and would have
            dairy cows?

            Thanks for an update!
            Mary
          • gclong4
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 9, 2006
              I am still VERY interested in getting milk from the farmer in FL until
              we find some closer. From Mobile to Marianna, it is 180.28 miles but
              there is a group in Niceville that we could maybe connect w/ when they
              make their run. That would be 113.28 miles. It is only 3.50 per gallon,
              so even w/ gas costs, it wouldn't be too bad if we only went 1-2 x per
              month. Any interest?? If so, how much would you be interested in each
              month? I wish that we could get it delivered but they need a pretty big
              order before they will do that. Let's get something figured out!
            • Wittner5@aol.com

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 28, 2006
                  Mary,
                  A poster on another Raw Dairy forum said that she knew of someone that
                  would deliver to Montgomery for a 50 gallon order. I'm not sure what
                  farm the milk comes from yet but I can find out. I'm in Bham but am
                  not opposed to driving to Montgomery to pick-up milk. I'm down that
                  way to see my parents quite a bit anyhow. There might be some folks in
                  Wetumpka that are interested as well if its not too costly.

                  Kim
                  --- In AL_WAPF@yahoogroups.com, "Mary" <mary_juiceplus@...> wrote:

                  > Forgive me for not paying attention the past few months! We found a
                  > raw goat's milk source here in Montgomery and have been using that,
                  > but would REALLY like to find grassfed raw cow's milk. Any new
                  > developments? I've tried to organize with other folks here, but to
                  no
                  > avail. I remember a lady posting a while ago that she and her
                  family
                  > were moving from out west to the Montgomery-ish area and would have
                  > dairy cows?
                  >
                  > Thanks for an update!
                  > Mary

                • Grayson Long
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 30, 2006
                    If you can find out more info, that would be great! I would be interested!

                    Cori