June 24 6PM Plnng Commission mtng: hsng element update

  • steveraneyc21
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2009
      Announcement

      The Planning and Transportation Commission will be discussing the Housing Element Update including progress to date, the work program and the revised schedule in a Study Session on Wednesday, June 24, 2009 from 6:00 to 7:00 PM. This is a public meeting and you are welcome to attend. The meeting will be held in City Hall; check the City's website after June 18th for more details.

      I give the city a C- for progress made to date. Specifically, the lack of progress towards feasible RHNA scenarios is distressing. I feel that the discussions of individual project approval does not reflect big picture thinking about meeting RHNA objectives, especially when it comes to meeting affordability targets.

      I will ask to be agendized for a longer comment, but I suspect that is unlikely.