Attack on SB 375 by SoCal Cities, per Bill Fulton

  • irvin dawid
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2009
      Locals Attack SB 375 As Inefficient Way To Go After Climate Change
      CP&DR, May 27, 2009
      By Bill Fulton
      Even as local officials in Southern California attack the question of how to implement SB 375, they have slyly begun to suggest that the bill isn't the best way to attack the problem it supposedly addresses - greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. It is not clear what the locals will do with this line of attack, unless they are angling to try to go back to the Legislature to shift the responsibility for GHG emissions reductions away from land use and back toward technological improvements.
      Link to article

      “Clean vehicle penetration far beyond levels assumed by the ARB have been identified as the most likely – perhaps only - way to do it.”

      [Of course - everyone gets in their Priuses and we keep our neighborhoods low density - we only walk to walk our dogs.  And traffic congestion isn't a problem because Priuses don't pollute when they idle]

      Regards,

      Irvin Dawid

      Alliance for a Livable Palo Alto liaison to TransForm
      650-283-6534/mobile