[Reserve your seat] 4/4 Healthy Communities Forum #6

  • Megan Fluke
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 15, 2012
    Dear Friends, if you are able to join us, please reserve your seat online.  Also, please post to your organization's calendar and forward to anyone who may be interested in participating.  As noted below, we're targeting around 60-70 decision makers, community leaders, labor, developers, affordable housing advocates, business leaders, and environmentalists. Thanks so much! Megan :)

    --
    Upcoming Healthy Communities Forum

    "Walking, Biking, Electric Driving - What are the health benefits?"
    Thursday, April 4, 5:30pm-8:30pm
    Council Chambers – San Mateo City Hall – 330 W. 20th Avenue

    Join us for the second Healthy Communities Forum of 2012 to explore how the various facets of the health of our cities – economic, environmental, and social – intersect.  Neil Maizlish, PhD with the California Department of Public Health will present his recent study that highlights the environmental and health benefits of active transport in the Bay Area. Afterward, we’ll break out into groups by city to discuss strategies for how we can make our communities economically, environmentally, and socially healthier and more resilient. No charge, open to the public, refreshments provided.

    Space is limited. For more details and to RSVP visit our Healthy Communities Forum website.

    Who should come: Decision makers, community leaders, labor, developers, affordable housing advocates, business leaders, environmentalists

    This Forum organized by American Lung Association in California, Sierra Club Loma Prieta Chapter, the San Mateo Cool Cities Team, San Mateo County Health System, Sustainable San Mateo County.  Co-Hosted by American Planners Association, Assemblymember Jerry Hill, Assemblywoman Sally Lieber (Ret.), EBL&S Develment, Greenbelt Alliance, HEAL Cities Campaign, Housing Leadership Council of San Mateo County, San Mateo Councilmember David Lim, Menlo Park Transportation Commissioner Raymond Mueller, Redwood City Planning Commissioner Nancy Radcliffe, Promometheus, San Jose Councilmember Ash Kalra, San Jose Councilmember Sam Liccardo, Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition, Silicon Valley Leadership Group, SPUR- San Jose, County Supervisor Carole Groom, County Supervisor Liz Kniss, Burlingame Councilmember Terry Nagel, Transform, Urban Habitat, Silicon Valley Latina Coalition, Interfaith Power and Light.

    Hope to see you there!

    Megan
    --
    Megan Fluke
    Conservation Program Manager

    3921 E. Bayshore Road Suite 204
    Palo Alto, CA 94303
    megan.fluke@...
    650.390.9604

    www.lomaprieta.sierraclub.org
  • Megan Fluke
    Message 2 of 2 , Mar 15, 2012
    Note: minor edit.  It's a Wednesday, not a Thursday. My apologies! -Megan

    --
    Dear Friends, if you are able to join us, please reserve your seat online.  Also, please post to your organization's calendar and forward to anyone who may be interested in participating.  As noted below, we're targeting around 60-70 decision makers, community leaders, labor, developers, affordable housing advocates, business leaders, and environmentalists. Thanks so much! Megan :)

    --
    Upcoming Healthy Communities Forum

    "Walking, Biking, Electric Driving - What are the health benefits?"
    Wednesday, April 4, 5:30pm-8:30pm