Palo Alto Sustainable Communities Strategy and Regional Housing Needs Allocation:

  • Irvin Dawid
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 6, 2012
    from Planning Director Curtis Williams'  Planning and Transportation Issues of Interest:

    Sustainable Communities Strategy and Regional Housing Needs Allocation:

    On February 21, 2012, the City Council will discuss the latest status regarding ongoing regional
    planning initiatives to create a Sustainable Communities Strategy (SCS), required by
    Senate Bill 375, and a Regional Housing Needs Allocation (RHNA) for the 2014-2022
    planning period. .....
    see attachment.

    Irvin Dawid
    753 Alma St., #126, Palo Alto, CA  94301
    650-283-6534 (cell)

  • Jeffrey Rensch
    Message 2 of 4 , Feb 6, 2012
      Irv - in addition, acc to Curtis's notes, Planning Commission will take up the Alma/Lytton project again on 2/22 (tentative), after their rather horrendous delay in resolving this very well at the previous meeting.  As I understand it, the height etc is now essentially approved and the only open issue for PTC is the issue of sufficient public benefits to justify PC zoning.

      I probably shouldn't use the word horrendous when I don't know exactly who is reading this note but it's hard to determine an appropriate vocabulary to describe the planning process right now.
       Jeff

      [Attachment(s) from Irvin Dawid included below]

      Message 3 of 4 , Feb 6, 2012
        thanks, Jeff....I hadn't read that far!
        PA Cool Cities did submit letters on the project - I'm glad you alerted me about the new date so this time we can email our letter BEFORE the packet goes out!
        Palo Alto Shell Station Proposal (355 Alma Street)

        On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 3:14 PM, Jeffrey Rensch <jrensch@...> wrote:

        Irv - in addition, acc to Curtis's notes, Planning Commission will take up the Alma/Lytton project again on 2/22 (tentative), after their rather horrendous delay in resolving this very well at the previous meeting.  As I understand it, the height etc is now essentially approved and the only open issue for PTC is the issue of sufficient public benefits to justify PC zoning.

        I probably shouldn't use the word horrendous when I don't know exactly who is reading this note but it's hard to determine an appropriate vocabulary to describe the planning process right now.
         Jeff

      • steveraneyc21
        Message 4 of 4 , Feb 20, 2012