This Saturday: Palo Alto Cool Cities Meeting 10/22 @ 10am

  • Megan Fluke
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 19, 2011
    Do you think Palo Alto could be a more sustainable city?  Want a carbon-free Palo Alto?  The Sierra Club Loma Prieta Chapter is seeking Palo Alto residents to join an environmental citizens group - the Palo Alto Cool Cities Team.
    Cool Cities Teams are local, grassroots groups of community members who advocate for climate change solutions in their cities.  The Palo Alto Cool Cities Team has two main campaigns:
    1. Carbon-Free Palo Alto - working toward a carbon-free electricity supply in Palo Alto by 2015, and
    2. Sustainable land use/ transportation - supporting land use and transportation plans that will make Palo Alto safer and more convenient to walk, bike, and take transit.

    We are looking for people passionate about Palo Alto who want to work to increase the livability and sustainability of our great community.  Our next meeting is on Saturday, Oct. 22, 10am-12pm at the Starbucks located at Stanford Ave and El Camino Real, Palo Alto. You can see the street scape improvement project at this intersection - part of the Grand Blvd Initiative to make El Camino Real more friendly to pedestrians, bicyclists, and support less auto-dependent uses.

    Contact Kalea Cleeton, Community Outreach Intern, for more information.
    In service,
    Megan Fluke
    Conservation Program Manager
    Sierra Club Loma Prieta Chapter