Fwd: Food Connections! Films of Vision and Hope Free Film Series

  • David Coale
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2011
    Hi All,

    This should be an interesting film series,

    Looking for ways to make a positive, sustainable change for people and the planet?  Films of Vision and Hope focuses on hopeful and positive solutions to  environmental problems affecting our world.

    Provocative films, great discussion, and opportunities to connect with  others who want to make a difference.

    Films of Vision and Hope Free Film Series - Food Connections!

    Friday August 26 - Ingredients

    See how people around the country are working to revitalize the connection
    between the food we produce and the food we eat. From farms to urban food
    deserts to the kitchens of celebrated chefs, we'll learn about the movement
    to put good food back on the table.

    Friday September 2 - Rebecca's Wild Farm

    Wildlife filmmaker Rebecca Hosking shows how she transformed her family's
    farm in Devon into a low energy farm for the future, discovering that nature
    holds the key.

    Friday September 9 - Establishing a Food Forest

    Back by popular demand! In this fascinating film, famed permaculturist Geoff
    Lawton shows how to turn even the most unpromising ecosystems into thriving,
    productive food forests.

    Friday September 16 - Locavore

    Today, the average conventionally grown vegetable travels more than 1500
    miles and is over-processed, stale, and without nutrition. Learn how the
    Locavore movement is changing all of that.

    Friday September 23 - 100 Mile Potluck

    It's harvest season, and the autumnal equinox! Come to share food,
    conversation, and ideas.

    World Centric 2121 Staunton Ct., Palo Alto

    Time: Fridays 7:30 - 9:30 P.M.

    Sponsored by Transition Silicon Valley, Transition Palo Alto,
    Slow Food South Bay, and World Centric

    If you have questions or need more information, contact Barbara Weinstein at