Mtn View commissions Bay Area Eonomics to prepare Housing Report for General Plan update

  • irvin dawid
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2009
      "Kicking off the housing discussion is a new report on the city's housing needs from Bay Area Economics. Among numerous issues, it points out that the city is becoming increasingly "jobs rich," while housing development has not kept pace. It says jobs increased by 19 percent between 2003 and 2008, while housing units increased by only 3 percent since 2000. Mountain View's population has increased 10 percent since 1990, to 72,932.

      By comparison, the county has grown by 23 percent since 1990 and had three times less job growth on average. "

      continues....
      Housing report: City is 'jobs rich'
      http://www.mv-voice.com/news/show_story.php?id=1421

      Incidentally, I picked this article from my daily "MTC News" fix....

      Regards,

      Irvin Dawid
      http://alivablepaloalto.org/default.aspx
      650-283-6534/mobile