Fwd: Rethinking the Royal Road - Grand Boulevard Initiative

  • Irvin Dawid
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2011

    fyi - while this event on Thurs evening is in SoSF, I'm sure there will be others closer to home - but the announcement is valuable in itself as it shows how regional the effort is to rethink and replan major roads like El Camino Real.....

    Imagine El Camino Real, from Daly City to San Jose, as a place where it is safe to walk or ride your bike, where new apartments open onto public plazas, sidewalk cafes, and bustling districts. Imagine the historic downtowns of cities such as South San Francisco and Millbrae enjoying a renaissance.

    The El Camino Real corridor, which includes Caltrain, BART, historic downtowns, large central parks, shopping malls and plenty of potential, is ready for its next act. Greenbelt Alliance, in partnership with the Grand Boulevard Initiative and San Mateo County Health Systems, is hosting a series of forums to make this vision a reality. Centennial Way2

    Join South San Francisco Mayor Kevin Mullin and others to create the pedestrian-friendly boulevard we've been talking about!

    When: This Thursday, June 30, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
    Where: South San Francisco Municipal Building, 33 Arroyo Drive, South San Francisco
    RSVP: Click
    here or email Lnguyen@...

    This event is cosponsored by Sustainable San Mateo County, Sierra Club, Healthy Eating Active Living Cities Campaign, and the South San Francisco Chamber of Commerce. This project has been made possible by a grant from the Silicon Valley Community Foundation.

    Lan Thao Nguyen

    Outreach Coordinator, Grand Boulevard Initiative

    Greenbelt Alliance
    1922 the Alameda, Suite 213 ● San Jose, CA 95126
    408-318-9559
    lnguyen@...

    Open Spaces & Vibrant Places
    greenbelt.orggrowsmartbayarea.orgFacebookTwitter

    --
    Respectfully,

    Irvin Dawid
    753 Alma St., #126, Palo Alto, CA  94301
    650-283-6534 (cell)