5/31 @ 6:00pm- Healthy Communities Forum

  • Megan Fluke
    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2011
    Dear Friend,
    I hope you and others in your neighborhood association can join me at the 2nd Healthy Communities Forum- "Complete Streets for Healthy Communities" on Tuesday, May31 from 6:00-9:00pm at Redwood City Council Chambers (1017 Middlefield Road).  Flier with additional details attached. A light dinner will be provided, no charge.  RSVP Here
    Our guest speaker is Redwood City Councilmember Barbara Pierce who will discuss some of the challenges our cities face related to mobility of pedestrians, cyclists, transit users, and drivers and highlight how complete streets can improve the social, economic, environmental health of our cities. Afterward, we’ll discuss solutions and strategize next steps together with Chris Bui, a master interactive facilitator.
    The Healthy Communities Forum explores how the various facets of the health of our cities – economic, environmental, and social – intersect.  Each Forum is a unique opportunity for decision makers, community leaders, and the general public to listen to visionary speakers who share their knowledge related to a specific aspect of a healthy community. Participants will engage in dialogue to connect the vision of a healthy community to their own community, discuss solutions, and together decide on meaningful next steps.   Future talks include housing, local economies, habitat preservation, and public health.
    Co-hosted by Assemblymember Jerry Hil, Councilmember Barbara Pierce, Mayor Terry Nagel, Supervisor Carole Groom, County Planning Commissioner Fred Hansson, Redwood City Planning Commissioner Nancy Radcliffe, Menlo Park Transportation Commissioner Raymond Mueller, Sierra Club Loma Prieta Chapter, Sustainable San Mateo County, Council of San Mateo Health Systems, City of Redwood City, Redwood City 2020 Housing Leadership Council, TransForm Greenbelt Alliance, Silicon Valley Leadership Group, American Planners Association of Northern California, and Redwood City Cool Cities.
    A light dnner will be provided, no charge.  RSVP Here.
    Megan  Fluke
    Grassroots Organizer
    Sierra Club, Loma Prieta Chapter

    3921 E. Bayshore Road
    Palo Alto, CA 94303
    (650) 390 9604

    Do you think your city could be greener?  Join your local Cool Cities Team, a motivated group of residents in your neighborhood who are working together to make your city a more sustainable place.  Contact me if you'd like more information.