Silicon Valley Bike Summit

  • Michele Beasley
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2011

    Hi Friends,

    I would like to invite you to join Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition at their first-ever Silicon Valley Bike Advocacy Summit. This event takes place in San Mateo on April 6 and in San Jose on April 8. Participants will discuss many aspects of active and alternative transportation, including bike planning, transit-oriented development, state and national issues, and best practices for employers. The event will be a great opportunity to learn more about bicycling and transportation issues, connect with voices in the industry and several public agencies, and meet fellow advocates who are working to make Silicon Valley a greener, leaner, more accessible place for all!

    Speakers include Scott Bricker, director of America Walks and prior director of the Bicycle Transportation Alliance (BTA) in Portland, Oregon, who will share with us the Portland story. More information, and a link to registration, can be found at http://bikesiliconvalley.org/bike-summit as well as on the attached flier.

    Greenbelt Alliance is excited to be a part of this event since one of the ways to make our cities more livable is to design streets for people and definitely cyclists!  I hope to see you in San Jose!

    Enjoy this beautiful weather!

    Michele

    Michele Beasley

    Senior Field Representative, South Bay

    Greenbelt Alliance
    1922 the Alameda, Suite 213 ● San Jose, CA 95126
    408-983-0856 ● mbeasley@...

    Open Spaces & Vibrant Places
    greenbelt.orggrowsmartbayarea.orgFacebookTwitter