FW: Top 5 Reasons to Attend TransForm's Summit on May 16 (One is Food!)
Untitled documentTransForm’s 12th Annual Summit
Saturday, May 16, 2009 – Laney College, Oakland
Registration is just $20 through May 1!
Top 5 Reasons You Should Attend:
- Learn tons: topics range from smart growth and social justice to health and housing
- Make friends and connections (300+ attendees!)
- Get inspired: our keynote speaker will make you think and act
- Get outside: take one of the walking, bicycling or transit tours offered
- Eat delicious organic food (we know food really matters at conferences)
This year's Summit will focus on the critical role of transportation and land use in the health of our economy, pocketbooks, and planet.
- The Combined Cost Burden of Housing and Transportation in the Bay Area
- Transforming the Next Federal Transportation Bill
- Planning Tools for Healthier Communities
- Implementing California's New Smart Growth Law in the Bay Area
- New Models for Increasing Walking, Bicycling, and Transit Usage
- Making Walkable Communities the Norm with Form-Based Codes
- Case Studies in Building Equity Through Community Engagement
- Case Studies of Carsharing and Parking Innovations
- Scott Bernstein, Center for Neighborhood Technology
- Bob Allen, Urban Habitat
- Louise Auerhahn, Working Partnerships USA
- Zabe Bent, San Francisco County Transportation Authority
- Anita Daley, City CarShare
- Michael Hursh, Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority
- Ian Kim, Ella Baker Center
- Valerie Knepper, Metropolitan Transportation Commission
- Dwayne Marsh, PolicyLink
- Robert Ogilvie, Public Health Law & Policy
- Dan and Karen Parolek, Opticos Design, Inc.
- Stephanie Reyes and Elizabeth Stampe, Greenbelt Alliance
- Jessica ter Schure, Nelson Nygaard
- From Urban Ecology: Katherine Melcher, Linda Roberson, Andrew Hyder, and Kali Futnani
Spread the word about the Summit now!
(Formerly TALC, the Transportation and Land Use Coalition)
405 14th Street, Suite 605
Oakland, CA 94612
TransForm Email List Instructions:
You received this email because you gave TransForm your email address, or someone forwarded this message to you.
- To SUBSCRIBE, send an email to: info@.... Be sure to include your full name and mailing address.
- To LIMIT to 1-2 emails per month, which includes the monthly e-news and event announcements, reply with "NEWS ONLY" in the subject line.
- To LIMIT to 3-4 emails per month, reply with "NEWS & ACTION" in the subject line.
- If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please reply to this message with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line or simply click on the following link: Unsubscribe
405 14th St. Suite 605
Oakland, California 94612
US Read the VerticalResponse marketing policy.