Re: [ALPA_Forum] Fwd: GBI Working Committee Agenda 1.24.11 [1 Attachment]

  • Gita Dev, FAIA
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 20, 2011
      WHat is TIGER II ECHO?

      On 1/20/2011 4:37 PM, Megan Fluke wrote:

      I'm planning on attending, is anyone else interested in joining?  It seems like it'll be a very interested meeting, I'm looking forward to the Complete Streets case studies.  Best, Megan

      Belmont City Hall, Emergency Ops Room
      1 Twin Pines Lane, Belmont, CA 94002
      January 24, 2011 10:00 – Noon

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 20, 2011
        TIGER: Transportation Investment Generating Economic Recovery (TIGER) Grants
        http://www.dot.gov/documents/finaltigergrantinfo.pdf

        TIGER II Discretionary Grants - US Department of Transportation
        http://www.dot.gov/recovery/ost/tigerii/

        Megan, the short answer is they are Fed. grants.
        These grants focus more on livability issues, streetcars, etc. They are not your basic transportation projects. Good chance you'll see the Republican House end the program :-(
        Irvin

        SEE: Feds Overwhelmed By TIGER II Requests
        http://www.planetizen.com/node/46148

        Tiger II Grants Announced
        http://www.planetizen.com/node/44424