Re: [ALPA_Forum] Bike Share Program to Palo Alto

  • Ellen Fletcher
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 21, 2010
      Re: [ALPA_Forum] Bike Share Program to Palo Alto Irvin Dawid <irvindawid@...> wrote

      While impressed by all the 'polite' responses (including mine...I suppose never wise to pick a fight with a paper), I think she really needs a proper response that actually was informative.
      For example, on Sunday, 12/19 the Chron ran an editorial that addresses  the same issue that Diamond does  - but I actually thought it was informative - and that's what's prompting my email to you and the group.
      New attitudes would help bicycling's golden age
      San Francisco Chronicle
      In encouraging more riding - as a 190-page official bike plan does - the city needs to be better prepared. It has begun a five-year, $25 million program bringing more lanes, parking spots and other traffic changes.

      Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/12/18/EDCL1F4T9E.DTL#ixzz18n33Cw98
      OK, what has PA got planned for bikes in comparison???????

      1. Palo Alto is not sponsoring the bike share program, and

         2. Palo Alto is just starting the update of its current hefty bike/ped plan.

      Ellen