Bike Palo Alto - 350.org event this Sunday 1 to 5

  • David Coale
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2010
    Hi All,

    Here is a fun biking event coming up this Sunday in Palo Alto as part of the 350.org Global Work Parties to reduce carbon emissions.

    Come join us as we explore the bike paths, bridges and routes that make Palo Alto bike friendly as we go to fun places for free treats and more.

    See info below for this free event.

    See you there!

    David

    PS Please send this around and sorry for any multiple postings.

    ---------

    Get ready to roll! We have an exciting day planned for the first ever Bike Palo Alto!

    Sunday 10/10/10, 1-4 pm, Start at:  Escondido School, Stanford Ave. & Escondido Road

    Bring your bike and helmet and join us for a fun afternoon of bicycling in Palo Alto.  Highlights of the event include:

    * Free bike maintenance and support provided by Mike's Bikes
    * Tips on safe cycling
    * Palo Alto bike maps with information on great local routes
    * A fun self-guided bike ride with 9 different route options through Palo Alto with stops at local vendors for free treats!
        Vendor stops include free ice cream at Baskin Robbins, free fruit at JJ&F Market and Whole Foods, a free reusable mug at Starbucks and more!
    * Free raffle for great bike prizes including bike helmets, pumps and bike safety gear!
    * No bike?  No problem!  Discounted bike rentals for $15 for the day (normally $35) provided by Bike Connection!

    This is a family friendly event!

    For more information, please go to www.350.org/bike-palo-alto
    How to Get Involved:  To volunteer, please contact Lisa Altieri at laltieri@... or Robyn Duby at micacreek_1@...
    Event Host:  This event is organized by the College Terrace & Barron Park Green Teams, as part of the Palo Alto Neighborhood Green Teams group and CEAP.  This event is sponsored by the City of Palo Alto Way2Go & Sustainability Programs and the Stanford Parking & Transportation Bicycle Program.  This event is part of the 350.org Global Work Party to reduce carbon emissions.