Fwd: Join Us - Affordable Housing Tour - May 15
- Hello ALPA, wanted to make sure you all got the invite to our Affordable Housing Tour on May 15. Please spread the word and place it on any list serves you know of. Thanks!
Housing and Community Development Associate
Silicon Valley Leadership Group
o: (408) 501-7873 m: (408) 858-9226
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Silicon Valley Leadership Group <nrajkovich@...>
Date: Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 1:43 PM
Subject: Join Us - Affordable Housing Tour - May 15
To: Nick <nrajkovich@...>Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.Dear Nick,Participate in Affordable Housing Week 2010Affordable Housing Tour May 15, 8am-1pmTour highlights Affordable Housing sites in the City of San Jose, Milpitas, and Santa Clara.
Travel is provided courtesy of VTA.
Who attends an Affordable Housing Tour: Policy makers, developers, architects, planners and neighborhood leaders will come together for a bus and walking tour of Affordable homes in the City of Santa Clara, Milpitas, and San Jose. Discover the process involved in bringing Affordable homes to fruition and how you can be involved in creating a community that provides safe housing for every income level.Why Affordable Housing is necessary in our community: How do we ensure hardworking families and individuals who play a vital role in our economy are not priced out of Silicon Valley? How do we effectively provide safe housing to our communities most vulnerable citizens, such as homeless youth and the elderly?The May 15th Affordable Housing Tour is brought to you by:Silicon Valley Leadership GroupSilicon Valley Community FoundationAmerican Association of University Women - San JoseSanta Clara County Housing Action CoalitionValley Transportation AuthoritySanta Clara County Association of RealtorsGreenbelt AllianceSierra Club - Loma Prieta chapterSaturday, May 15th, 8am-1pm
- See how Affordable Housing has been used to "seed" a blighted area and stimulate redevelopment.
- Engage in an Affordable Development built to house artists, replete with a room to showcase their art work.
- Talk with people intimately involved in each of the sites and learn what it takes to create complete, attractive, and inclusive neighborhoods.
- On this tour you can expect to meet and talk with affordable housing advocates, as well as decision makers from your community. You will also learn how you, as a community leader, can constructively guide and shape future development in your neighborhood through advocacy and sharing information.
$10 registration fee, light breakfast and lunch provided
For more information and to register for the tour click the link below:
may15affordablehousingtour.eventbrite.com/Tour registrants will receive an email that includes the itinerary as well as the morning meeting location. This information will also be available on the registration page shortly.
CANCELLATION POLICY:Cancellations are not accepted, however substitutions are encouraged.For more information contact Nick Rajkovich at 408-501-7873 or nrajkovich@...You have expressed interested in housing issues with the Silicon Valley Leadership Group.
Unsubscribe nrajkovich@... from this list | Forward to a friend | Update your profile
Our mailing address is:Silicon Valley Leadership Group224 Airport ParkwaySuite 620San Jose, CA 95110
Add us to your address book
Copyright (C) 2010 Silicon Valley Leadership Group All rights reserved.