FW: The Forum at Redwood City

  • irvin dawid
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2009
      Please note - ALPA has joined Chamber to add a 'planning/sustainability element' to Good Morning PA....and in fact, our first speaker is Dan himself...who sent below sad announcement.

      Also, per Curtis Williams, planning staff is doing a similar venue, to include notable speakers such as Ted Droettboom from the Joint Policy Committee/ABAG, and Mr. California Planning himself, Bill Fulton.

      Details to follow.

      Dan Zack appears Thurs, Nov. 5 for the Good Morning PA event.  Topic: Delightful Density, including "name the density" multiple choice exam.

      It will be a shortened version of his presentation @the Forum of RWC:
      THURSDAY, March 5th, 2009 Dan Zack Delightful Density : Strategies for Comfort, Convenience, and Choice in the Cities of the New Reality

      Regards,

      Irvin Dawid,

      Alliance for a Livable Palo Alto
      650-853-0558/home
      650-283-6534/mobile

      From: DZack@...
      Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 09:07:47 -0700
      Subject: The Forum at Redwood City

      Dear supporters of the Forum at Redwood City:

      I am sorry to report that there will not be a Forum event at the Little Fox tonight. Due to budget constraints, there will be no 2009/2010 season of The Forum. Whether we will resume the event in the future is uncertain, but the 2008/2009 season may have been our last. If that is the case, then I would like to say that it has been a pleasure to meet all of you over the years, and the City of Redwood City, Communities by Design, and MIG would like to thank you very much for all of your support since we began this program back in December of 2003 (it’s hard to believe it has been that long!). Thanks also to all of our wonderful speakers—we learned a lot from them, and we hope you did, too.

      If the status of The Forum changes at any point, you will be the first to know.

      Warm regards,
      Dan

      Dan Zack, AICP
      Downtown Development Coordinator
      Community Development Services Department
      City of Redwood City
      1017 Middlefield Road
      Redwood City CA, 94063
      650-780-7363