Homeschool Speech/Debate Tournament in Birmingham

  • celinag
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2013
      Dear Homeschool Families,

      Interested in your homeschool students learning speech and debate skills?

      Here's your chance to:

      • see what homeschool speech & debate looks like

      • expose your own students to these skills

      • help current speech & debate competitors by volunteering 3 hours of your time

      • help by judging homeschool students, gathering in Birmingham, compete in:

      The Steel City Clash
      Speech & Debate Tournament
      The National Christian Forensics Communication Association (NCFCA)

      Thursday, Feb. 28 - Saturday, Mar. 2, 2013
      held at Homewood Church of Christ

      We NEED judges! Will you help?
      Judge registration is quick: www.ncfca.org/judges

      NO speech, debate or judging experience is needed.

      You will be trained, watch a competitive round and enjoy refreshments while completing your evaluations, all within a 3 hour period. Easy and enjoyable!
      Bring your students, those old enough to sit still! They will see kids ages 12-18 enjoying public speaking (really!!!). This may be the very skill development you will want to pursue next year! Come find out more about it, while helping us out!
      If you have any questions, please contact Jerri Richards at region7ncfca@... or 205-335-9649 and she will be happy to help you in any way.
      Judges must be 18 years or older and not in high school to judge. Community service certificates are available upon request. With 10 separate speech events, and 2 different types of debate, we need around 350 judges for our tournament. Homeschool students from Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee, along with their families, will be competing in this tournament.
      Thank you for your support as we strive to raise the next generation
      of communicators as leaders in our country!