Huntsville June and July summer classes open to all homeschoolers

  • bacons4@hiwaay.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2011
      June Homeschool Classes at
      Franklin School's Homeschool Center

      661 Jeff Road, Huntsville, AL 35806, (across the street from Dominoes Pizza)

      More information needed contact Sue Bacon bacons4@...

      To sign up stop by the homeschool center Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, or Saturday throughout the month of April from 11:00 - 4:00 (enter front door for sign ups)

      Incredible Insects
      Grades 1 - 6
      Wednesday June 15th 11:00 - 12:30
      $8.00 for members $15.00 for non members
      Upon entering find yourself in an insect filled decorated room - to get you in the mood for bugs. Play Butterfly Bingo and Professor Noggins Insects and Spiders Game. Use replicas to learn about the life cycles of insects. Pick up those lenses to find out how insects see. Make insect rubbings and insect/spider fold ups. View insect x-rays. Last but not least look at bugs up close and personal and do bug friendly experiments with them.

      Terrific Trees
      Grades 1 - 6
      Wednesday June 29th 11:00 - 12:30
      $8.00 for members $15.00 for non members
      Our beautiful backroom will be transformed into a forest, creating an atmosphere to learn about trees. Learn the parts of a tree and how they function. Study trees rings and find evidence of disease, fire and rate of growth. Identify a tree from a large selection of twigs, seeds, and leaves. Take home a preserved leaf, a leaf block print, a leaf batik, and a beautiful paper that grows when you plant it!.

      Activities in Psychology
      Grades 7 - 12
      Wednesday June 29th 1:30 - 3:00
      $8.00 for members $15.00 for non members
      A very nice introduction to psychology or a unique addition to an existing study of psychology. We will do a variety of fun and interesting activities to learn some of the many interesting topics in the field of psychology.
      Some areas we will delve into include the brain and sensory processes, learning and memory, thinking and problem solving, personality, and social psychology.
      July Homeschool Classes at
      Franklin School's Homeschool Center

      661 Jeff Road, Huntsville, AL 35806, (across the street from Dominoes Pizza)

      To sign up stop by the homeschool center Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, or Saturday throughout the month of April from 11:00 - 4:00 (enter front door for sign ups)

      Seashell City
      Grades 1 - 6
      Wednesday July 6th 11:00 - 12:30
      $8.00 for members $15.00 for non members
      As you walk in the door you will get the feel, smell, sounds, and sights of the beach with our fully decorated beach room. Enjoy peering at seashore animal x-rays. Learn to identify shells from our large seashell collection. Try your hand at our seashell quiz and fun beach fact games. Help put together our seashell puzzle. Make a seashell wreath to enjoy at home.

      Scoop on Poop (Scat)
      Grades 1 - 6
      Wednesday July 20th 11:00 - 12:30
      $8.00 for members $15.00 for non members
      No-one will answer your questions about scat this is the class for you. Learn all about the scat animals leave behind. Spend time identifying different animal scat from our super large selection of replicas. Then make some edible scat models to enjoy. YUM! Take home a scat identification key chain guide to use anytime you hike.

      Activities in Sociology
      Grades 7 - 12
      Wednesday July 20th 1:30 - 3:00
      $8.00 for members $15.00 for non members
      A very nice introduction to sociology or a unique addition to an existing study of sociology. Join us for some group activities to probe into the fascinating world of sociology. Some areas we will investigate are socialization, social interaction (group behavior, leadership styles), social institutions (gender roles, marriage, and family), and cultural variation.