Home School Academy @ the Anniston Museum

  • Roxanne
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2010

      Home School Academy

      Home School Academy 2010

      First session, Thursday, February 25, 2010, 10am–noon

      Back due to overwhelming response! Sign up now to ensure your seat for the Home School Academy. The Academy will meet the last Thursday in each month from February-May from 10am-noon. Each class topic will be taught by a skilled educator, Curator, biologist or artist. Pre-registration is required for each session. You may reserve your spot for all 4 classes and receive a discount. Museum members receive an additional discount. Each class is limited to 25 students but must have a minimum of 10 participants to be presented. Classes will use the resources of each Museum to the fullest. Students will have the opportunity to visit behind-the scenes, explore the Museum’s collection, see live animals up close and enjoy a variety of indoor and outdoor activities during these sessions.

      This year the Academy is divided into two sessions: one for students from grades 4-6 and another for students grades 7-12. We will not be able to accept students younger than 4th grade. All sessions held at Anniston Museum except for April’s, which will be presented at Berman Museum.

      Fee: $20/participant/$15 member. Register for all 4/ $75 non-member; $50 member. Register for all 4 in both 4-6th and 7-12th- $150/non-member;$110/member. Contact gmorey@... for registration.

      Payment must be made to ensure your seat in the class that you desire. Walk-ins will be accepted only if there are seats available on the day of the class. Reservations are strongly suggested.

      7-12th Grade Session topics:
      ·         February- Scientific Method
      ·         March- Ecology
      ·         April- Berman Museum - Art appreciation
      ·         May- Wonderful World of Plants

      4-6th Grade Session topics:
      ·         February- Scientific Method: Explore Your World
      ·         March- Life Science: Lion, Tigers and Bears, Oh My!
      ·         April – Berman Museum - Art appreciation
      ·         May- Marine Biology: Let’s Go to the Beach

      <>< Roxanne
      As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!