Tickets for Birmingham Children's Theatre

  • Cherie
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2008
      Hi all,
      I have reserved tickets for Birmingham Children's Theatre again this year.
      Here is how it will works. Below is a list of the plays, dates, and times
      along with a link to their website. If you are interested in a
      performance/s, let me know ASAP. Since I will have to have the tickets paid
      for in advance I will need for everyone to send me their ticket money by
      September 1, 2008. Ticket cost will be NON-REFUNDABLE unless YOU find
      someone who wants your tickets. All of the shows are on Thursday. Tickets
      for The City Mouse and the Country Mouse, Rapunzel, Dear Santa, The Snow
      Girl, Goldilocks and the Three Bears, and Pinocchio are $6.00 each. Tickets
      for The Best Christmas Pageant Ever and Black History Month are $7.00 each.
      If you are interested in tickets, please e-mail me or call me ( I prefer
      e-mail) to let me know which performances you would like to attend and how
      many tickets you would like. I will then give you my address and the amount
      owed for the tickets. Please let me know if you have any questions! My
      e-mail is hspurplemom@... . My phone is 205-640-2757 . Please
      feel free to pass this on to others who might be interested. This is open to
      all homeschoolers.

      Cherie

      http://www.bct123.org/
      WEE FOLKS THEATRE (Pre-2nd Grade)(tickets must be purchased for ages 18
      months & up)
      * The City Mouse and the Country Mouse
      9:30am--September 25, 2008
      Montague Mouse lives in a hotel in the city, while his cousin Maudie Mae
      lives on a farm in the country. They both decide to visit each other, but
      find the new surroundings uncomfortable and scary. Come see how teamwork and
      understanding help Montague and Maudie find a vacation place they can both
      enjoy. This wonderful story teaches young children that friendship can
      triumph over differences in life-style.

      *Dear Santa
      9:30am--December 4, 2008

      Oh, no! Santa Claus is going to retire and he's holding auditions to find a
      replacement. Will it be Mrs. Claus, Prancer the Reindeer, Billy Blizzard the
      Dancing Snowman or an electronic Robo-Claus? With help from Dottie the
      Gift-Wrap Girl the audience joins in a letter-writing campaign toconvince
      Santa to stay on the job.

      *Goldilocks and the Three Bears
      9:30am--February 5, 2009

      Goldilocks is a lively girl who has one big problem: she can't keep her
      hands off Other People's Things! Join us as Goldilocks gets into trouble
      with everything from a jewelry box to a bird's nest and see what happens in
      that little cottage in the woods while the bears are out for a walk. In a
      new twist Goldilocks is caught on tape and is taught a lesson by the bears
      and the audience. She learns that unless she is invited she won't touch
      Other People's Things!

      MAINSTAGE THEATRE (tickets must be purchased for anyone over the age of 3,
      younger if they will need their own seat)
      *Rapunzel (Recommended Grades: Pre K to Second)
      10:00am--October 16, 2008
      This classic fairy tale by the Brothers Grimm is sure to delight all ages.
      It is an enchanting portrayal of a young girl named Rapunzel and her long
      golden hair. Rapunzel, locked away by a wicked witch, yearns for rescue. A
      prince happens to hear her singing from her tower, and battles with the
      wicked witch Gothel to free Rapunzel. This story teaches us that the only
      thing to fear is fear itself.

      *The Snow Girl (Recommended Grades: Second thru Sixth)
      10:00am--February 12, 2009

      Set in a land of pure white snow and ice, this fable based on a Russian folk
      tale, finds the wood carver, Ivanovitch, and his wife, Maroosha, wishing for
      a child of their own. One night in the woods, Ivanovitch builds a snow
      statue of a young girl who suddenly comes to life and begins to dance. The
      rest of the story is told in dialogue and through dancing, with the snowgirl
      facing challenges and learning what it is like to be human and living in a
      real family. Exquisite ballet dancing and exotic Russian music transform
      this land of cold and ice into a warm and endearing family experience.

      *Pinocchio (Recommended Grades: Second thru Sixth)
      10:00am--April 16, 2009

      From his daring adventures in the land of fun to his thrilling escape from a
      giant whale, Pinocchio's enchanting story has become a classic with children
      through out the world. Witness Pinocchio's quest to become a real boy and
      learn along with Pinocchio the importance of telling the truth! Don't miss
      this spectacular production featuring the world's most famous marionette and
      his delightful adventure of becoming a real boy!

      Special Performances-Mainstage

      * Best Christmas Pageant Ever (All Ages)
      10:00am--December 11, 2008

      A hilarious holiday story that will appeal to all ages. No one wants to be
      in the annual Christmas play at the local church except six irascible
      siblings who have never heard the Christmas story. Ultimately, their energy
      and sincerity triumphs over their confusion as they make this year's pageant
      the best ever.

      * Black History Month (Recommended Grades: Second thru Sixth)
      10:00am--February 19, 2009

      Birmingham Children's Theatre will be honoring Black History Month with a
      specially made production highlighting the life and accomplishments of
      George Washington Carver. Please join BCT for this unique look at black
      history designed with students and family in mind.

      Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
      Checked by AVG.
      6:36 PM
    • Cherie
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2008
        I still have a few tickets left for the plays below. If you haven't signed
        up and would like to, please let me know ASAP at hspurplemom@...
        . I need to get the ticket money soon so I can pay BCT. :-)

        Cherie

        1:16 PM